Friday, September 16, 2011

Filing SSN

Few days ago, Me and hubby went to Cliffton SSA office to get  my SSN. There were few people on the waiting area but most of them are for benefit claim. I filled up the form and after like 5 mins. my no. was called. We were assited by a nice american-indian guy. He took my Passport and checked my attached I-94, Marriage Cert. He typed my info in his computer and after couple of mins He asked me to double check the infos and that's it we're done! He gave me a letter stating that within 2 weeks my SSN card will be mailed to our address. To  my surprise I got my mailed SSN card already just today (took only 4 days)! Yay!Thanks God! We're almost there - submitting the AOS.

So the requirements are (for K1 Visa Holder) :
Passport
Valid I-94
Marriage Certificate (if Married already); A K-1 visa holder may also apply for SSN prior their wedding day and go back to the SSA once married already to update her name.

 Social Security Office Locator 

♥M

No comments:

Post a Comment