Thursday, September 22, 2011

Resume-The American way?

Good book and helpful specially to first timer here like me :)
So I started workin' on my resume slowly (in preparation for a mad job searching once I get my Employment Authorization) - the American way, yes there's quite difference compare to what I'm used to way back in Pinas. For example, here it's not necessary to attached photo on resume, putting basic personal infos like marital status, age, height etc. rather it is a straight forward type focusing on your skill, qualifications and experience. I have had heads up regarding on this already though, since my Hubby shown his before. Still it's a bit odd to me. I kept bugging my husband to fix my resume for me but he would just say it's too early for me to worry about it and that He is not pressuring me to find one. He just assured me ones AOS (Adjustment of Status) paper works done we will work on my CV. I would just agree but in my mind I always have ideas and want to start fixing it step by step now. While I am laying on bed, I saw one of his books titled " Resumes to get you Hired by: Jack McCarthy" I'm like great! I can now start doing it myself. Right then and there I grabbed the book, opened my laptop and start editing my resume. Good thing about this book aside from the great advices and tips of the author is that, it also has over 350 sample resumes on different fields. So, I just actually need to  pattern it on specific position I am applying for. By now, I am half way through and I'm happy how it look thus far. Of course I would still show it to hubby for final touches ones done. I'm just hoping and praying it wouldn't be that long to find job and that the luck will be with me. Yea! Positive vibes!


♥M

No comments:

Post a Comment