Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adjustment of Status sent

Picture of our packet :)

Yay! Finally, my AOS (Adjustment of Status) paperwork done and sent to USCIS Chicago Lock box.  It took us 6 weeks from the date of my arrival to submit my stuff. Whew! Entering here in the United States as a K1 Visa holder is definitely no joke. Tons of paper loads awaits once you got here, not to mention from the day back in Philippines for the U.S. Embassy interview. Still, in spite of all those argument and annoyance while doing it, I feel so grateful seeing my hubby helping me keenly. 

Anyway, here are the documents that I included in my AOS packet just in case somebody who is in need pass by in my page, I could at least give him/her an idea.






  • Payment in the amount of $1,070.00 payable to U.S Department of Homeland and Security (personal cheque)
  • G-1145 - Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (optional)
  • 2 US passport size photos
  • I-485 - Application - Application to Register Permanent Residences or Adjust Status, signed and dated
  • G-325A - Biographical information form
  • Certified true copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Photocopy of passport biographical page
  • Photocopy of K1 visa in passport
  • Photocopy of USA entry stamp
  • Copy of I-94
  • Copy of I-797 - Notice of Action, Approval of K1 petition
  • Copy of NSO Birth Certificate (Baptismal - optional, I just included mine just in case coz my BC is blurry)
  • Sealed I693 - from Civil Surgeon
  • I-864 - with 3 years IRS Tax Transcripts, Employment Letter, 6 months pay stubs (My husband's)
Documents I submitted for Employment Authorization Application:
  • G-1145 - Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (optional)
  • 2 US passport size photos
  • I-765 –Application for Employment Authorization
  • Copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Photocopy of passport biographical page
  • Photocopy of passport visa
  • Copy of I-94
Forms are available in USCIS Website

Send the packet to : USCIS P.O. Box 805887, Chicago IL 60680-4120 for U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries
                            USCIS Attn: FBAS 131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor Chicago,Il 606003 for express & courier deliveries

So that's it guys! I hope and pray that our AOS application will be a smooth and RFE free.
Good luck to those who are in process also!


♥M

No comments:

Post a Comment