Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Shopping

Hot leather gloves. Perfect for Winter ;)
I had a nice time last weekend, hubby and I went to Macy's, Palisades Mall NY to complete my winter gears. We bought few winter jackets from North Face and Michael Kors. I'm glad they both have my size XS/P. I actually was worried about the availability of my size (I'm petite, my friends used to tease me to go shoppin' at children's section lol!). Anyway, as we continue shopping, a middle aged woman cashier approached us and suggested their best buys. Hmm the way she talked I could tell she is a Filipina plus her features. I just withheld myself asking her coz I'm a bit shy. So what happened, she introduced herself to us and I was right she's from Cebu City (I guessed the feeling is mutual, she knew it Pinay din ako hehe). Cool, we did some chitchats while hubby is looking for a good scarf (yeah hubby played a mother role to me also lol! But i thought it's sweet.) She invited us to attend an event/Filipino gathering this coming Saturday, 9/24 at Spring Valley. It excites me thinking that I would be meeting more Filipinos on that gathering, would be a good start to make new friends and start networking. Everything seems perfect except for it's Dad's (Mike's Dad) Bday celebration so I feel bad I would be missing such opportunity. Oh well, I'm still happy I met Tita Fe,(that's her name) we exchanged nos. and for sure there would be more Fil. Gathering on the list!

♥M

No comments:

Post a Comment